Tuesday, December 4, 2007

HSBC Credit Cards - Not for the Indian middle class

I have tried out almost all the credit cards offered by different banks in India. No, this is not my hobby but I have been almost forced by the call center guys to get one and which I promptly cancelled within an year of issue.

The HSBC credit card is for those who dine at the Oberoi and stay at the Taj when travelling and go on Star Cruise every six months. Well, that the kind of discounts they offer you if you are an HSBC credit card member.
Tell me honestly how many times have you been to a Taj or an Oberoi with your family ( but not as part of official meets ). Compare this with the kind of discounts offered by other credit card companies on Air ticket booking, or at Petrol pumps, or on electronic items which you may indeed want and would buy.

Or is the HSBC strategy different, people are encouraged to spend more at expensive restaurants so that they end up paying more money as interest to HSBC. Huh?.. good one, but I won't be fooled by it, and you also be not!!

No comments:

Post a Comment